Thursday 4 July 2013

Special Olympics Manitoba Track & Field 2013

I can't tell you how proud I am of my little girl participating in the Special Olympics Manitoba School Track & Field Meet in May 2013.  I am a little behind in posting events but you can blame it on my new business!

Stephanie had a great time and for the first time in my life as a parent (14 years already) I got to open her backpack and find a certificate and track meet ribbons!  This might be a standard occurrence for most parents on an annual basis but it was a first for me and it made me teary just knowing she was out there, participating, living life.  And to top it all off, the 3 ribbons were all 1st Place!! (*picture my big grin right about now*) 1st place in the softball throw, 1st place in the 25m and first place in the 30m!  Here are a few pics of her day...

Cheers,

One proud mama




 

1 comment: